What is VFFS machine?
Vertical form fill seal machine(VFFS) is a type of automated assembly-line product packaging system, commonly used in the packaging industry for food, and a wide variety of other products. The machine constructs plastic bags out of a flat roll of film, while simultaneously filling the bags with product and sealing the filled bags. Both solids and liquids can be bagged using this packaging system.
HFFS(Horizontal Form Fill Seal)
Horizontal form fill seal is a piece of equipment that both produces a pouch from roll stock film and spout and cap assemblies, and fills it in the same operation. The film or laminate travels through the machine in a horizontal direction, which gives the machine the “horizontal” description. This process accounts for all parts of manufacturing a complete pouch product, from film unwinding, pouch forming, filling and sealing.
The differences between VFFS and HFFS
- VFFS systems require less floor area due to the process being carried out vertically.
- VFFS is perfect for sealed sachets and pouches, rather than units with other closures such as zips or nozzles.
- VFFS can fit the vast majority of budgets due to it being a highly cost-effective system.
- HFFS allows greater variety of packaging types and closures.
- HFFS can be used for packing a wide range of products.
- HFFS is better for heavier products, as they travel along a conveyor belt rather than being fed from a feeding spout.